Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Break

This past week was my spring break. My sister and dad and I went to Florida for the week, and we had a really great time. After stumbling upon "leansecrets" on YouTube and downloading her book, meal plan, etc. from here, I have decided to try to eat naturally and wheat-free. I consider myself a connoisseur of all things wheat. Bread and pasta are my two favorite things to eat. However, since living on my own and having control over what goes in my fridge, I have felt very guilty after mass-consuming these foods. This feeling was not aided by doing some research on the benefits of being wheat-free.

Now, I could completely give up on this lifestyle change, but I have been keeping up with it very well since Tuesday, only slipping up with things that I truly had no idea contained wheat. i.e. soy sauce. I have since noticed that I have lessened food cravings and I can go longer between meals without starving.

What I am trying to get to is that I was craving something sweet tonight and came up with this smoothie recipe that is natural, gluten-free, dairy-free, and delicious. Enjoy.



Ingredients for 1 generous serving:
6 oz frozen berries (raspberry,blackberry,strawberry)
2 T 0% greek yogurt
1/3 c. sweetened almond milk
1 t. sunflower butter

No comments:

Post a Comment